Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What I think about you

Well, I have met many different types of people. That is funny to me. I have had the opportunity, in my career, to meet people that make a difference in my life and the lives of others. People who really make a difference, and not just monetarily, and in ways that seem by most to be minuscule. I honestly believe everyone has their place in this world. It is funny how we see people on television and we want to be them, or we envy them because they are in the public. The truth is, if you are where you are suppose to be, that is all God requires of us. The person who is suppose to teach 1st grade Sunday School, and faithfully does it, is better off than that person who stands in front of thousands and is actually called to be a entrepreneur. It seems like we get all caught up about being in front of the largest audience, when we are not capable of handling that or being able to keep up. There is, in my opinion, nothing more sad than a square peg trying to be round. I mean it is like David right before he goes to kill Goliath, he is offered others armor. It is too big...Of course it was, it wasn't his. Had he continued in the wrong armor, the armor would have just gotten in the way and possibly could have cost him his life. I think that is the best piece of advice I have ever gotten. BE yourself, if you are called to be a manager at MC Donald's, be a millionaire, be a school teacher, be a M.D, be a Veterinarian, be a construction worker, do it....and do it with excellence!

I must admit I get caught up in that superficial, hollywoodian, who has what mentality. I am getting comfortable be who I am! Sometimes, I find myself wanting what others have. I am not a 100% sure how you get over that. I know it has something to do on how well you know who you are in Christ. Once you know who you are in Him, then there really is nothing that can get get you down and out. I think it is interesting that while people think they know who they are, they know nothing of why they were created, and to me that is the most important questions to answered!

No comments: