Friday, July 11, 2008

I said it

I know, I am horrible.  I can't believe myself that I said it, but it came out of my mouth.  As soon as it tumbled down I knew I was going to be judged.  I was standing talking to someone I totally admire and I know they want what's best for me.  I just can't imagine why I got to that level of dissatisfaction.  I am sure by know your wondering what it is I said....well.  It might suprise you.  I had grown stale in my church and said, "I just feel like I am not being feed here anymore."  

Those 10 words have different meanings to others, but to me, it made me want to vomit that I would say such a thing.  When I have heard this phrase in the past, it had meant, "our feelings are hurt." "We lost our position." "We are not the big fish in the little bowl." or even "We're bored in our lives."
So you can see from my short history this was not a good situation, and I was at the end of my rope.  You can see the frustration, and the immaturity of it all.  As I began to pray into what I thought God was wanting me to do.  I kept hearing Him say, it's time to give, it's time to serve.  I long hard gulp to get that down.  I mean if He only knew what serving looked like when I was doing it last..... (of course He knew, and saw it all)

So, I started teaching 4th Grade sunday school.  Did take it too seriously, but it was fun.  I love kids, they have such a great perspective.  Well, then one of my friends decided I needed to go and help with the 5th and 6th graders.  Then two of my other friends peer pressured me into working on Wednesday night and Sunday mornings.  I loved it.  I loved every ounce of it.  I started to see what I know I was suppose to.  Going to church is only half of our job.  The Other half is to give it all away.  We give out of our overflow, so it not like really giving.  It's giving what what have spilled out and not used.  It's crazy but it's so true.  It's just the way God works.   Don't believe me?  Try it.....



peace
-b
   

No comments: