Monday, February 25, 2008

WHOA....and all those sorts of things.....


So, I was talking to a friend the other day, and they  suggested that I read a book called "The Shack."  They told me it was Christian fiction, and I thought to myself...."that sounds real lame."  I do, however, always trust this friends assessment of things, and their taste in what is relevant and helpful.  I somewhat begrudgingly went to Barnes and Noble to get the book, and innocently took it back to my house and decided I had nothing better to do.....so I opened it and started reading it.  WHOA!  It is changing my life with every passing chapter.  In fact, I can't believe there is a book that describes God and His relationship with us equally like the Bible.  
I wondered why this book was so awesome, and why it is changing me.  Well, I feel like God showed me some things.  Well this is a story within the story of any of our lives.... Jesus is the great story teller...and what He says resonates in our souls.  I just can't believe how awesome it is.  
I would suggest that you run, don't walk, to Barnes and Noble and get it.  I also suggest that you  clear your schedule when you open it up.  If you are anything like me, you will get lost in it.  Get lost has NEVER been so fun!  

No comments: