Sunday, March 02, 2008

In the confines of God.....

So I finished "The Shack."  All I can say is...read it, you won't be sorry.  I have really been seeing life in a new way.  It's not that it shattered my thinking, but exposed some of the things I held as truth.  They are things I didn't think were wrong but they were the way other had shown me growing up.  Truthfully, I think what happen was, I believed other peoples truth and not God's truth.  It is funny how vulnerable you are when you're just being lazy.  

I also go Misty Edwards new CD "Relentless" and I am going to go on record and say...you need it.  Here are the lyrics to one of her songs.... "Between the Cherubim"  

We will awaken the dawn with a song in the night.
For a new day will come just as sure as the sun will rise.
Though deep darkness prevail, for the night, weeping endures.
Yet Your light will not fail, You won’t rest until our righteousness shines!

You who dwell between the cherubim, to You we cry!
O Shepherd of Israel, restore, and cause Your face to shine!
Don’t remember our former sins! Let Your mercy speedily come!
O Shepherd of Israel, restore, and cause Your face to shine!

Though we’re feasting on the bread of affliction and the water of tears is our wine,
We won’t draw back, we will run to You for we know it’s just a matter of time.
You will answer the cry of Your people and Your ear is attentive to their sighs.
So we lift up our voice to You and we sing in the dawning light!

For the glory of Your name!
For Your glory and Your fame!
Though the earth be removed,
We lift our hands only to You!
For the glory of Your name!
For Your glory and Your fame!
Though the nations rage toward You,
Let our love remain true!

No comments: